Video is very popular for teaching or promoting and if you have a site you had better be using and promoting video to get some targeted traffic.
With the amazing potential that the web is offering us today, almost everyone can get themselves in front of a wide audience. But the success of your efforts isn’t as simple as posting a video on YouTube. If this were so, then everyone around the world who posted their videos would be famous.
Here are 10 ways to promote your YouTube videos that will definitely make you a one-of-a-kind virtual star.
- Keep with the trend, or start one. The first step in making a video popular is creating a video that will actually achieve popularity. Check out the latest scoop in showbiz, or who did what in politics. Find out what people really need to know or what they love to search for on SEO sites (like Google) and make a video about it. Of course this must be relevant to your site if you are making promotional videos.
- Put your own brand in the videos thus you separate yourself from the crowd and show some originality. If you don’t brand the video someone else might just copy it and take it as their own. Branding also helps people remember who made the video.
- Pick your video titles carefully. Take note of the commonly used keywords when people look for stuff in Google or other SEO sites.
- Utilize search engines. Once uploaded in YouTube, add your video to popular video search engines. This will ensure that your video gets more exposure.
- Utilize social networking sites to the full by promoting your YouTube video through them. Facebook, MySpace and Twitter are excellent places to post links about your video to scatter them all throughout the internet. The more friends you have, the better the chance of your YouTube video becoming viral.
- Using RSS. Promote your YouTube videos by using RSS feeds from your own blog sites. Place your YouTube video link in the content to make sure that the reader will be able to see it.
- Signatures and Profile links. Paste your YouTube account link in all of your email signatures and online profiles. This will ensure that every person you send a message to, or everyone looking at your profiles will see your YouTube account. Even if your message is forwarded, the link will still be included in the history line. This will increase the number of potential viewers and will make your video more popular.
- Check your video statistics. Tools like Google Analytics will enable you to figure out why a particular video of yours became popular. Use these strengths as a means of generating more popular videos so you can establish yourself in the YouTube community.
- Respond to your YouTube video comments. Starting a discussion thread in the comments section will spark interest in the viewers, who can refer your video to their friends, increasing your video’s popularity.
- Backup Backup and Backup. Last but not the least; never forget to keep a backup of your YouTube videos on your computer’s hard drive or an external memory kit. Who knows what might happen? You have to be ready in case you’ll need to repost your video again.
Following is a video with more information, after the short introduction you get some solid tips about making your videos go viral.
How to Promote Your Video 2013